Join us this Thursday, April 25th at 11am PT for a live Twitter chat with Nigel Kersten, CTO at Puppet Labs and Andrea Mauro, Co-Founder of VMUG IT, to discuss The Changing Role of the IT Admin. To participate, just follow the #CloudOpsChat hashtag. We’ll answer questions about how IT admins can better position themselves in the cloud era, including:
- Is increasing automation and virtualization good or bad for your career?
- Does abstraction and better tools decrease the need for deep expertise?
- Does a cloud admin need programming skills?
- Do you think a cloud admin is a generalist with a little expertise about compute, storage, and networking?
- Or is a cloud admin an expert in cloud architectures?
- What are your thoughts on scripting vs. automation and orchestration?