It’s not too early to start planning for PuppetConf 2015, the must-attend IT automation event of the year, to take place October 5-9, 2015, in Portland, Oregon (home of Puppet Labs’ headquarters).
PuppetConf 2015 will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to achieve your IT operations goals so you can deploy software faster, increase productivity, and gain insights to inform your business strategy.
Hosted by Puppet Labs, and in collaboration with industry thought leaders and an extensive partner ecosystem, PuppetConf delivers five days of training, keynotes, track sessions, demos and networking events. We cover the topics and trends our community cares about: DevOps, continuous delivery, cloud management and software-defined networking, just to name a few. Plus you’ll get the chance to meet and talk with the people behind the technology, and get hands-on training from experts in the areas you most want to learn.
Take advantage of the best available discount and receive 35 percent off with the Early Adopter Special (you’ll save $349 per ticket!), and register for the events you’d like to attend:
- October 5-7 - Puppet Training Courses. Get your certification and other training at the level most appropriate for you. (PuppetConf is included when you register for training, and conference registration is required.)
- October 7 - Puppet Contributor Summit. Join both new and existing contributors to the Puppet ecosystem for a collaborative hack day. (No separate charge if you are attending PuppetConf, but you must pre-register for both PuppetConf and Contributor Summit to attend.)
- October 7-9 - PuppetConf 2015. The main event! Track sessions, keynotes, demos, parties and a chance to meet some of the greatest thinkers in IT today.
Need to convince your boss why you must attend? Copy and paste the letter below, and tweak it as you see fit. We hear it’s been a real help in getting early approval!
Subject Line: Why I Can’t Miss PuppetConf 2015
Dear [boss's name],
Automating IT has become critical to business strategy. For [your company] to stay competitive, we need to continually educate ourselves on the newest IT innovations that will boost our productivity and let us respond more quickly to business needs.
PuppetConf 2015 is the IT automation event of the year, and it’s taking place October 5-9 in Portland, Oregon. The best minds in technology will be there, discussing leading-edge thinking in DevOps, continuous delivery, cloud management and software-defined networking, to name just a few topics. At PuppetConf, I’ll have access to:
- Educational sessions and hands-on experience. With two full days of keynotes, presentations and hands-on labs, I’ll learn how professionals from other organizations are using Puppet technologies to deliver business results faster, with higher quality and greater efficiency.
- Product research and analysis. The Exhibitor Pavilion will give me access to 35-plus IT vendors sponsoring PuppetConf, a great opportunity to see what’s available now. I’ll be able to choose from more than 75 sessions led by IT experts on new tools, methods and strategies that could help our company gain a competitive advantage.
- Networking with industry experts. More than 1,900 sysadmins, architects, engineers, developers and IT managers will convene at PuppetConf. Informal discussions between these professionals offer excellent opportunities to learn how other people are solving difficult IT problems. More than 120 Puppet Labs employees will also be on hand at any one time to answer questions and offer insight into future product development. You’ll have a better chance than ever to network with Puppet Labs employees!
- Official training and education courses. Puppet Labs offers a wide selection of training and education courses at the conference. Registration for each training class includes a free ticket to PuppetConf. Puppet Certification testing will also be offered throughout the event (Oct. 7 - Oct. 9), and it's free with registration for training classes and PuppetConf. However, you'll need to sign up, as testing slots will be limited. Stay tuned; we'll let you know when sign-up is available.
- Contribute to Puppet code. The Contributor Summit is a free one-day event for all attendees, offering me the opportunity meet community developers and work on my choice of projects, documentation, Puppet Forge modules and more — with expert help and advice right there on tap.
Costs for attending PuppetConf:
Early Adopter Registration: $646.75, discounted from $995
Hotel: $179 per night (plus taxes) at the Doubletree by Hilton, Portland (0.5 miles from the conference center) or $169 per night (plus taxes) at Courtyard Portland City Center (1.4 miles from venue and accessible by streetcar). Most meals are included with my conference ticket.
With all that I can learn and bring back to [your company], PuppetConf is a worthwhile investment that will deliver solid returns for our business. You can learn more about PuppetConf and the benefits it offers here.
Thanks for taking the time to consider my request,
Lisa Gregory is director of events at Puppet Labs.