What are you doing in October? We hope you’ll be at PuppetConf with us learning, connecting with peers and experts, getting your questions answered, and seeing what’s new with the community and Puppet’s portfolio of products.
Save the date
Be sure to save the date — 9-11 October 2018 — for PuppetConf 2018 in San Francisco, California. And here’s the schedule of events:
- 7-9 October: Pre-conference training. Get your certification and receive training to help you reach the next level. (PuppetConf is included when you register for a training ticket. Registration will open soon.)
- 9 October: Puppet Contributor Summit. Join new and existing contributors to the Puppet ecosystem for a collaborative hack day. (Selected the PuppetConf + Contributor Summit ticket to attend. Pre-registration is required. No additional charge.)
- 10-11 October: PuppetConf 2018. The main event! Attend track sessions that will cover the topics and trends you care most about: DevOps, software delivery, the cloud, modern infrastructure, security and compliance, and more. Don’t miss keynotes, demos, exhibits, social events and a chance to meet some of the greatest thinkers in IT today. Plus you’ll get the chance to meet and talk with the people behind the technology, and get hands-on training from experts.
To help you get there, here’s an email template you can use to help convince your boss that a trip to PuppetConf is well worth the investment:
Subject line: Why [your company] should send me to PuppetConf 2018
Dear [boss' name],
Automating IT has become critical to business strategy. For [your company] to stay competitive, we need to continually educate ourselves on the latest IT innovations that will boost our productivity and let us respond to business needs more quickly.
PuppetConf 2018 is the must-attend IT automation event of the year, and it’s taking place 9-11 October in San Francisco, California. The best minds in technology will be there, discussing leading-edge thinking in DevOps, software delivery, the cloud, modern infrastructure, security and compliance, and more.
At PuppetConf, I’ll have access to:
- Educational sessions and hands-on experience. With two days of keynotes, presentations and hands-on labs, I’ll learn how professionals from other organizations are using Puppet technologies to deliver business results faster, with better quality and greater efficiency.
- Product research and analysis. The Exhibitor Pavilion will give me access to 30-plus IT vendors sponsoring PuppetConf, a great opportunity to see what’s available now. I’ll be able to choose from sessions led by IT experts on new tools, methods and strategies that could help our company gain a competitive advantage.
- Networking with industry experts. More than 1,300 attendees including sysadmins, architects, engineers, developers and IT managers will convene at PuppetConf. Informal discussions between these professionals offer excellent opportunities to learn how other people are solving difficult IT problems. More than 130 Puppet employees will also be on hand to answer questions and offer insight into future product development. I’ll have a better chance than anywhere else to network with and learn from people who know Puppet.
- Official in-person training courses. Puppet offers a wide selection of training and education courses at the conference. Registration for each training class includes a ticket to PuppetConf.
- Contribute to Puppet code. The Contributor Summit is a free one-day event for all attendees, offering me the opportunity to meet community developers and work on my choice of projects, documentation, Puppet Forge modules and more — with expert help and advice right there on tap.
Costs for attending PuppetConf:
Ticket: The current PuppetConf price is on display at puppet.com/puppetconf. Discounts are available, some as high as 40 percent, and the best discounts are available further ahead of the event.
Hotel: $321 per night (plus taxes) at the Hilton Union Square. Most meals are included with my conference ticket.
With all that I can learn and bring back to [your company], PuppetConf is a worthwhile investment that will deliver solid returns for our business. You can learn more about PuppetConf and the benefits it offers here.
Thanks for taking the time to consider my request,
Good luck and we hope to see you in October! Registration is 40% off until 15 March, so now is a great time to get the ball rolling to get your ticket.
Lisa Gregory is the director of strategic events at Puppet.
- Watch sessions from PuppetConf 2017.
- Interested in speaking at PuppetConf 2018? The call for papers will open on 27 February. Mark your calendar and join our mailing list to be notified.
- Want to sponsor PuppetConf 2018? Multiple sponsorship opportunities will be made available 27 February, and you can request more information here.