Time flies and before you know it, PuppetConf 2016, the must-attend IT automation event of the year, will be upon us. This year it's happening 17-21 October in San Diego, California.
PuppetConf 2016 is the perfect place to improve your skills, gain new insight and get the tools to help you deploy software faster, increase productivity, and gain insights to inform your organization's business strategy.
Industry thought leaders and partners in the extensive Puppet ecosystem will all be attending PuppetConf 2016 for five days of training, keynotes, track sessions, demos and networking events. Speakers will cover the topics and trends our community cares most about: DevOps, future infrastructure, security and compliance, cloud management, continuous delivery and application release automation, just to name a few. Plus you’ll get the chance to meet and talk with the people behind the technology, and get hands-on training from experts in the areas you most want to learn.
Early bird pricing is available before 30 June — save $350 per ticket — so register for the events you’d like to attend:
- 17-19 October: Puppet training courses. Get your certification and other training at the level most appropriate for you. (PuppetConf is included when you register for training, and conference registration is required to sign up for training.)
- 19 October: Puppet Contributor Summit. Join both new and existing contributors to the Puppet ecosystem for a collaborative hack day. (No separate charge if you are attending PuppetConf, but you must pre-register for both PuppetConf and Contributor Summit to attend.)
- 19-21 October: PuppetConf 2016. The main event! Track sessions, keynotes, demos, parties and a chance to meet some of the greatest thinkers in IT today.
Need to convince your boss why you must be at PuppetConf? Copy and paste the letter below, and tweak it as you see fit. We hear it’s been a real help in getting early approval!
Subject Line: I want to sharpen my Puppet skills at PuppetConf 2016
Dear [boss's name],
Automating IT has become critical to business strategy. For [your company] to stay competitive, we need to continually educate ourselves on the newest IT innovations that will boost our productivity and let us respond more quickly to business needs.
PuppetConf 2016 is the IT automation event of the year, and it’s taking place 17-21 October in San Diego, California. The best minds in technology will be there, discussing leading-edge thinking in DevOps, future infrastructure, security and compliance, cloud management, continuous delivery and application release automation, to name just a few of the topics. At PuppetConf, I’ll have access to:
- Educational sessions and hands-on experience. With two full days of keynotes, presentations and hands-on labs, I’ll learn how professionals from other organizations are using Puppet technologies to deliver business results faster, with higher quality and greater efficiency.
- Product research and analysis. The Exhibitor Pavilion will give me access to 35-plus IT vendors sponsoring PuppetConf, a great opportunity to see what’s available now. I’ll be able to choose from more than 75 sessions led by IT experts on new tools, methods and strategies that could help our company gain a competitive advantage.
- Networking with industry experts. More than 1,700 sysadmins, architects, engineers, developers and IT managers will convene at PuppetConf. Informal discussions between these professionals offer excellent opportunities to learn how other people are solving difficult IT problems. More than 150 Puppet Labs employees will also be on hand at any one time to answer questions and offer insight into future product development. I’ll have a better chance than anywhere else to network with and learn from people who know Puppet.
- Official in-person training courses. Puppet Labs offers a wide selection of training and education courses at the conference. Registration for each training class includes a free ticket to PuppetConf.
- Contribute to Puppet code. The Contributor Summit is a free one-day event for all attendees, offering me the opportunity meet community developers and work on my choice of projects, documentation, Puppet Forge modules and more — with expert help and advice right there on tap.
Costs for attending PuppetConf
The current PuppetConf price is always on display at puppetconf.com. Discounts are available, some as high as 30 percent, and the best discounts are available further ahead of the event.
Hotel: $159 per night (plus taxes) at the Town and Country Resort & Convention Center. Most meals are included with my conference ticket.
With all that I can learn and bring back to [your company], PuppetConf is a worthwhile investment that will deliver solid returns for our business. You can learn more about PuppetConf and the benefits it offers here.
Thanks for taking the time to consider my request,
Kristin Betschart is senior PuppetConf event manager at Puppet Labs.