We spent several days in Austin last week attending Puppet Camp Austin and DevOpsDays. A big thank you to MomentumSI and Geek Austin for sponsoring Puppet Camp, and thanks to the crew at DevOpsDays for a great event! We kicked off the week at Puppet Camp Austin on Monday with Andy Parker giving the State of Puppet presentation. He talked about the overall state of IT automation and how Puppet fits into the ecosystem, along with updates about our many projects and initiatives. We had quite a few great presentations including:
- David Nalley talking about how to use Puppet with Apache CloudStack.
- Adrien Thebo on writing & sharing great modules on the Puppet Forge.
- Dennis Rowe with a session about testing Puppet with RSpec.
- Dave Barcelo telling us all about how they use Puppet at Bazaarvoice.
- David Porter on Drupal development, deployment, and automation with Puppet.
- several last minute lightning talks!
- John Willis talked about the importance of culture in DevOps.
- Pete Cheslock gave a great talk about retaining employees when everyone is hiring (we're hiring, too)!
- Patrick DeBois gave us a lesson about genes and memes in the Future of DevOps.
- Gene Kim presented on how we can better sell the concept of DevOps.
- Visit the Puppet Camp page to get information about upcoming camps and see materials from past Puppet Camps.
- Attend PuppetConf, our annual operations conference at the Fairmont in San Francisco on August 22 and 23. You can register now or submit a session proposal!
- Find a local Puppet User Group, or start one in your city!
- Download the Learning Puppet Enterprise VM, and get started learning Puppet Enterprise in a safe environment following our introductory tutorial.
- Already using Puppet, and have questions? Visit our community Ask site, and get answers and advice for using Puppet.
- Join the Puppet community.