Adobe releases their Puppet recipes for automating Hadoop/HBase deployments
If you are looking to use Puppet to automate Hadoop or HBase deployments you should check out this post linking to Adobe's Puppet recipes that they have published on GitHub. Adobe had released the following recipes:
This is another great example of the strength of the Puppet community in addressing valuable deployment and configuration automation tasks.
- Creating the user under which the entire hstack runs.
- Changing system settings, like the ssh keys, authorizing machines to talk to each other, aliases for hadoop and hbase executables, /tmp rules.
- Standalone puppet module to deploy Hadoop
- Standalone puppet module to configure the Hadoop NameNode in High-Availability mode via DRBD, heartbeat and mon.
- Standalone puppet module to deploy HBase
- Standalone puppet module to deploy Zookeeper.