It's been just over two weeks since PuppetConf 2014 wrapped up, and the recorded talks and workshops are now available!
The 88 videos cover a wide range of technical topics — including tool-specific tutorials, case studies, automation best practices and more.
We're especially excited to make the recorded workshops available this year:
- Backups with Exported Resources - Zach Leslie
- Doing the Refactor Dance - Making Your Puppet Modules More Modular - Gary Larizza
- Git and Code Organization for Managing Your Puppet Code - Terri Haber
- Know Before You Push 'Go': Using the Beaker Acceptance Test Framework to Test Your Puppet Module Infrastructure - Adam Buxton
- Monitoring with Exported Resources - Derrick Dymock
- Puppet for Windows Users - Ethan Brown
- Puppet Labs Partner Network - Scott Campbell, Jose Palafox, Tami Martin & Aaron Morrison
- R10K - Zack Smith, Puppet Labs & Adrien Thebo
- Running a Successful Puppet User Group - Kara Sowles
- Using Puppet to Stand Up Centralized Logging and Metrics - Charles Dunbar
The conference was jam-packed with great content. If you're a little overwhelmed by the list, we've pulled a few recommendations to get you started.
If you're interested in specific tools, check out:
- Killer R10K Workflow - Phil Zimmerman, Time Warner Cable
- Plugging Chocolatey into Your Puppet Infrastructure - Rob Reynolds, Puppet Labs
- Using Docker with Puppet - James Turnbull, Kickstarter
If you want to learn more about what's new in Puppet Labs projects and technologies:
- To the Future! - Goals for Puppet 4 - Andrew Parker, Puppet Labs & Kylo Ginsberg, Puppet Labs
- The Puppet Master on the JVM - Chris Price, Puppet Labs
- Puppet Language 4.0 - Henrik Lindberg, Puppet Labs
If you're looking for broader lessons learned along the automation journey:
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Puppet Users - David Danzilio, Constant Contact
- How to Measure Everything: A Million Metrics Per Second with Minimal Developer Overhead - Jos Boumans, Krux
- The Switch as a Server - Leslie Carr, Cumulus Networks
If you want to get better at your job (whether you're a junior sysadmin or a CEO):
- Keynote: Trust Me - Kate Matsudaira, Popforms
- The DevOps Field Guide to Cognitive Biases (2nd Edition) - Lindsay Holmwood, Bulletproof Networks
- What Developers and Operations Can Learn from Design: 6 Ways to Work Better Together - Ashley Hathaway, IBM Watson
We hope you enjoy the talks! Let us know your thoughts.